Granola with Honey is such a versatile recipe. Have it for breakfast, have it as a snack, you decide. This wholesome granola is easy to put together and easily stored to have with yoghurt or choice of milk.
200ml maple syrup (good quality)
400g rolled oats
200g roughly chopped almonds
60g sunflower seeds
70g pumpkin seeds
200g chopped dried fruit (dried apples, sultanas, apricots, etc.)
1tsp of ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Place maple syrup into a saucepan and gently heat to loosen.
- Remove from heat and leave to slightly cool.
- Put the rolled oats, chopped almonds and seeds into a large bowl and toss through the maple syrup.
- Place this mixture into a large baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes. Adjust time for toasting preference and oven temperature fluctuations.
- During this time regularly stir mixture in baking tray to avoid burning and to ensure even toasting.
- Remove baking tray from oven and stir through dried fruits, ground cinnamon.
- Once cooled place into airtight container. Enjoy with milk or yoghurt or plain topped with fresh berries and drizzled honey.